Preparing For Buccal Fat Removal
- If possible, avoid medications and supplements that may thin your blood. This includes aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, Vitamin E, and fish oil for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Do not smoke for 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after the procedure. Nicotine and tobacco smoke delay healing.
- Arrange to have someone drive you home from the procedure if you are having any oral or IV sedation.
- Frozen peas or icepacks
- Easy to chew meals and snacks
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) 325mg tablets
- Avoid spicy foods that would irritate the incisions on the inside of your cheek.
- Sleep on an extra pillow to help reduce swelling. Minor swelling is normal.
- You may take acetaminophen 325-650mg every 4-6 hours as needed for pain. If you feel your pain is not controlled, please contact our office.
- No heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 1 week after your procedure.
- You will follow up 1 week after your procedure.
Please call our office at any time with questions or concerns at 402.739.8144. After hours, you may call our office and follow the prompts to speak to the on call nurse. If you are experiencing a life-threating emergency, please go to the nearest emergency department.